Is the music playing? I really hope so. Open the playlist on the bottom right and choose a song you'd know/like. :)

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Super Dave, is it? - Day 21


21. If you had the gift of telepathy, the ability to read other people’s minds, would you use this gift or not? Explain. (Middle East Technical University/93)

                In one way, I believe there are times that I may misuse this gift, and for the better I shouldn’t use it. On the other hand, it would be really beneficial towards society. For example, it’s a perfect way to catch thieves, even though you may not have sufficient evidence to prove this. You can simply read their minds to know what they’ve done in the past and whether they’re guilty or not.
                I would often end up using this gift because of my curiosity. Incidents such as finding out answers for a test by reading the teacher’s mind, or simply to find out whether someone likes you or not, this gift brings up a lot of temptations. On the other hand, if you have doubts about your friend being lost or confused, you could immediately find out about it and help them get better at the same time. This also leads to fact that your friends most likely won’t have any form of privacy left with them anymore.
                When I first read the questions, I thought about the chances of becoming a superhero. I’d become someone like Professor Xavier from the X-Men. I’ll be able to read the enemy’s attacks while they plan it in their head. This will give me a great advantage, unless it’s a gun that’s being used. Which in most cases it probably will be. A lot of people, when given such a gift, would use it for bad intentions. Greed is often the element that causes this action. After thinking far into the pros and cons, I’ve realized that gifts such as telepathy are better where they right now, in the depths of the pit of inexistence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment