Is the music playing? I really hope so. Open the playlist on the bottom right and choose a song you'd know/like. :)

Saturday 5 November 2011

The story of my life - Day 4


13. You’ve just written a 300-page autobiography. Send us page 217. (University of Pennsylvania)

with a vicious roar and a smelly breath right in my face, I quickly stab the spear right in to the beast’s throat. People said I wouldn’t be able to do, they were all against me, but I proved them wrong in the end. Instantly remembering the way Daniel put it: “There’s no way on earth you’ll be able to win this bet”, but I did Daniel, sorry to disappoint you. Even though it all begin with a game of “Truth or Dare” between us hunters, the award felt a lot more than winner a game of Bingo or Scrabble. I felt victorious at the moment, as if nothing could beat me. Overconfident, if one could put that way. It wasn’t long till someone would change this feeling.
                My life wasn’t always this way, not nearly the way it is right now. It wasn’t more than two years that I graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with my Ph.D. in Philosophy. My life was going great; the university was the best thing that had happened for years now. I had a great job, a beautiful beach-side mansion, and best of all; I had the girl of my dreams. It was the perfect life, I couldn’t have asked for anything more. Perfect, take my word, I mean it. But then, it all had to be ruined. I didn’t deserve perfect, did i? It all shattered in to pieces tiny enough that there was no fixing it. Perfect came crashing down all in a couple minutes.  I will never forget that day. June the 15th. The memory will lie forever in the depth of my heart as I continue to visit Hayley’s grave on this particular day, even as year by year passes by. Now you may be wondering what happened to her.
                It all started late one evening down by Sydney harbor. Hayley and I went on our daily walk, as we’ve been doing for the past 10 years, ever since the day of our marriage. This wasn’t like any other walk though. The park was rather crowded today. Only if we had chosen to skip the way for this one day, Hayley would have still been with me. That casual walk in the park changed right after a masked man started running towards us. He flicked his knife open as he got closer and then swiftly … 

No comments:

Post a Comment