Is the music playing? I really hope so. Open the playlist on the bottom right and choose a song you'd know/like. :)

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Find x. <-- Oh! it's right here. - Day 7

135. Find x. (U of Chicago)

               Finding x, a concept that has caused not only children but even mathematicians around the world to lose their mind, is taught to kids from an early age as a method of “preparing” them for the future. The certainty of using this concept in your future depends on your option for a career. I admit that this idea can help you in several ways, but I may simply be saying this from the point of view of someone who enjoys math.
                Starting from Algebra and possibly continuing on until the end of your career, the concept of finding x plays a huge role as the basis of Math. Even though students often argue that most things learnt in Math class won’t be used anywhere in the future, I refuse to agree to that statement.  Finding the only missing variable x, the one thing missing in an otherwise perfect recipe, is our goals in life. Comparing the idea of the missing variable to my life, I’d like to believe that x is like the one thing that we lack. Whilst seeking this element, we must test ourselves to what we’re capable of. This often involves taking risks (refer to previous essay). Using experience from the past and what we have learnt through this, will allow us to make better decision for the future. The missing element, “X”, is what makes the recipe special and unique, and the task of looking for this ingredient requires open-mindedness to help look for that. Among the many tasks through which I attempt to fulfill this required ingredient, I realize that I’m most likely on the right track to treasure this ingredient. In other words, looking for you career isn’t an easy task and may take a lot of experimenting, but only through this will you be able to achieve your goals.
                Although this may be my opinion on this topic, several other people may analyze it through simpler means and methods. One of my favorites being this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment