Is the music playing? I really hope so. Open the playlist on the bottom right and choose a song you'd know/like. :)

Sunday 29 January 2012

Rockets are cool -- January week 4 (C.E)


241. If you knew you wouldn't fail, what would you do?

                I wondered about my response. What if I intentionally wanted to fail? What if I actually attempted to fail at something rather than pass? Would I fail to accomplish the task, or would I fail in completing accomplishing my goal? Inception, Well not exactly, but I’d like to believe so. Let me elaborate in case you didn’t get it. So my goal here is to fail at a particular task. But if the prompt says that I won’t fail, does that mean I won’t fail at the task itself or the goal, in this case, is to fail the task? I’m in a bit of confusion here, should I blame the prompt for being unclear about what they’re looking for, or am I just mistakenly changing things up.
                Assuming the prompt is talking about a task that one wouldn’t be able to fail, I’d choose to complete my life goal to join the aerospace field. Aerospace engineering has been my interest since a young age, and I continue to stick with it. It’s not an easy task but if I knew I wouldn’t fail, I’d definitely go for this. With a lot of obstacles on the way, failure is highly likely an option. Interestingly enough, Aerospace engineering has been a popular profession, allowing for selective job offers. None the less, my interest in this profession remains as it is. One reason that I thought about this was because my friend –his name is Ruan, but that’s not very important here- and I spent most of this winter break creating and launching model rockets. This not only reminded me of my childhood dreams, but also of what I know I want to do in the future. This is why failure isn’t an option for me in this situation. 

8 comments:

  1. Your first paragraph if though deeply makes sense but initially was a little confusing. Why do you try to make a simple topic so complicated and why would you do anything if your goal was to fail.
    But you want to become an aeronautical engineer,nice. Does australia have universities for it?
    If you read my blog today there is a university coming to our school that specializes in aeronautical engineering. You should go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just being a bit sarcastic and thinking a little differently.
      Hey, look at it this way, this was probably the deepest I've thought this entire break (which didn't involve complete concentration on games.)

      Delete
  2. I think most of your writing is good, I am not in position to say that, I liked this one the most. You started off the topic by making it more broad, however, you still made your point clear by saying what you want to be when you grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. This article sounds like some of mine when I don't have much to write. Especially the "reverse psychology" one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you shouldn't blame the prompt for being unclear, I think you're just "mistakenly changing things up." However, it's really cool how you want to become an aerospace engineer! There's just one part that sounds kind-of funny,"failure is highly likely an option." Maybe you should say "possible failure is highly likely" or something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse my extremely absurd and sarcastic comment (or paragraph, rather.)
      Aerospace engineering is a pretty awesome future, in my opinion :)

      Delete
  5. Contradictory to what most people are saying, I actually liked how you thought deeper about the question and different manners in which you could interpret it. Sometimes you (as in people in general, not you specifically) intentionally make things more complicated than they are and maybe in this case, it helped you. (By giving you more to write about)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The question seems to be clear. Your first paragraph could be on something more constructive.

    ReplyDelete